Swift Shadows← Back to asset list
Buy on Asset Store
Swift Shadows is a lightweight substitute for Blob Shadow Projector, heavily optimized for mobile devices. It works by doing a raycast to the surface and drawing a transparent quad that hovers above it. Literally hundreds of shadows can be drawn on a mobile device with a single draw call.
Windows Demo (.zip)
Android Demo (.apk)
- Blazing fast. And I really mean it.
- Works on any platform, does not requires Pro license to work. Heavily optimized for mobile.
- Supports shadow texture atlases. All shadows in the scene can be drawn in a single draw call, even when they have different shapes.
- Tons of customization options.
- Shadows match object rotations.
- “Static” shadows that are calculated only once and produce no overhead in run-time. It is possible to have hundreds of static shadows without a performance hit even on mobile devices.
- Ease of use, absolutely no scripting required.
- Shadow generator tool for creating nice looking shadows automatically.
- Sprite packer tool for easily packing multiple shadow textures into one to reduce the amount of drawcalls.
Download PDF documentation
Forum discussion thread